We are currently seeking volunteers who can complete one or more of the following shifts on a weekly basis for a minimum period of 6 – 12 months:
- Mondays 9.15am to 4.30pm
- Tuesdays 9:15am to 4:30pm & 12pm to 8:00pm
Volunteering to assist with these shifts may involve a variety of tasks, including:
- assisting with client intake and interview over the Telephone Advice Service;
- arranging appropriate assistance for eligible clients by way of the Advice Line, or in-house solicitor appointments;
- referring clients to specialist legal, government and community services, as appropriate;
- undertaking research and drafting materials in relation to a wide range of employment, tenancy and migration law issues;
- assisting solicitors with client appointments; and
- assisting solicitors, staff and volunteers as required.
How to apply
If you are interested, please send a cover letter (addressing the below selection criteria), your resume, and your academic transcript to Savanah Marques at firstname.lastname@example.org
In your cover letter you must outline the following:
- which stream you prefer to volunteer in (Employment, Tenancy or Humanitarian);
- shift availability;
- written and verbal communication skills (including being able to effectively communicate with solicitors, vulnerable clients and other staff/volunteers);
- time management and organisational skills (including multi-tasking);
- attention to detail and ability to complete quality written work within tight timeframes;
- computer skills (including quick word processing skills);
- research skills;
If you do not address the above criteria your application will not be considered.
Applications are due by Monday 13 September 2021.