Residential Tenancy Law


We provide quality legal services, including advice, further assistance, representation, education, advocacy, information, and referrals to residential tenants anywhere in Western Australia. 

We help tenants in: 

• Private rentals

• Public rentals

• Community housing

• Boarding, lodging or accommodation agreements

• Long-stay caravan park residents

We work on law reform and educating WA renters on their rights and responsibilities. 

Our Tenancy Services


State-wide Telephone Advice Line

We provide legal help to  private residential tenants, public housing tenants, community housing tenants, boarders and lodgers, and tenants of caravan and residential parks with their tenancy issues.

We help with tenancy issues, including:

  • Bond disputes
  • Rent arrears
  • Break lease enquiries
  • Termination or eviction from rental properties including advice on court processes
  • Maintenance and repairs
  • Privacy and security in rental properties


Duty Advocacy Service

Tenancy advisers are present every Wednesday and Thursday to assist tenants attending the Perth Magistrates Court.


Tenancy Community Support Worker Hotline

Legal and technical advice for community workers who work with and support residential tenants.


Community legal education

We provide community education activities for tenants and professional development for community service workers and tenant advocates.

You can find more information on our community legal education page.


Law reform

Our law reform and community legal education are informed by our clients and their experiences.

We regularly make written submissions and often appear and make oral submissions at Parliamentary inquiries.

Read some of our latest submissions.


Things you should know

We provide comprehensive legal advice on a range of tenancy issues.
We are unable to offer legal advice via email.
We do not offer advice or support to landlords or commercial tenants.
Advice is provided by lawyers and advocates with specialist knowledge.